Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank serving clients principally in the UK and South Africa. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who'll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they'll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
We're seeking an accomplished events manager to help deliver outstanding physical and virtual events as part of an integrated marketing programme. The role will be responsible for the end-to-end management of client and staff events, working across our B2B and B2C segments. audiences. You'll be working as part of a high-performing events team, get great exposure to a range of interesting campaigns and programmes, and have the opportunity to make a real difference as we look afresh at how to create out of the ordinary experiences for clients, prospects and staff through our physical and virtual events.
Responsible for the full end-to-end management of events, including:
• The ability to think creatively and help design differentiated events programmes that deliver against business objectives• Help navigate the return to in-person events, designing programmes that use physical and virtual events to best effect • Up to date with best practice across virtual events platforms and innovations, venues, restaurants, destination management companies, keynote speakers, activities, experiences and entertainment
Planning and budget management
• Implementation of full event management process through concept, planning, delivery and post-event analysis of client and staff events. • Detailed budget planning, tracking, cost negotiation, reconciliation and invoice processing• Adhering to internal policies, working with legal, procurement, compliance, health and safety, and marketing operations functions to ensure that all risk assessments, permissions and contracts are completed to company standard
Internal client and stakeholder management
• Liaising with key internal business stakeholders throughout the event process• Close collaboration with Marketing colleagues to deliver events as part of multi-channel campaigns• Ability to work effectively solo and as part of a wider team, depending on the size and complexity of the project
Communications, branding and insights
• Management of all event communications, including the invitation process and guest list management using online systems and software (DotDigital, CRM Dynamics, Huddle, conference planning tool)• Developing online surveys to gauge client and staff experience post-event, as well as attendance analysis and reporting• Working with the brand team to ensure all event branding and communications align with set guidelines
Logistics and delivery
• Fully familiar with virtual platforms including MS Teams and Live, Webex Meetings and Events. Experience with ON24 preferred.• Venue research, site inspections, comprehensive venue proposals to internal clients• Responsible for all relevant supplier and agency briefings, including cost negotiation, and developing new and enhancing existing supplier and agency relationships
Core skills and knowledge
• Clearly evidenced skill set in event planning and delivery, budget and project management, and working to tight deadlines• Skilled in idea generation and design, with the ability to take an event from concept through to delivery• Excellent stakeholder management skills• Experience of working in a corporate environment as part of an integrated marketing team• Strong experience in both in person and virtual platform and broadcast events• Experience of working with suppliers/agencies and ability to negotiate effectively• Understanding of hospitality and ticketing for third party events• Strong writing, communication and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail• Methodical thinker• Calm and professional demeanour under pressure• Creative mind-set• Excellent organisational skills• Understanding of the importance of brand guidelines in event management• Confident, flexible and proactive team player with excellent interpersonal skills and can do attitude• Ability to work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
Helpful (but non-essential) attributes
• Understanding of financial markets• Professional marketingqualification