Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank serving clients principally in the UK and South Africa. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who'll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they'll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Embedded in our culture is a sense of belonging and inclusion. This creates an environment in which everyone is free to be themselves which helps to drive innovation, creativity and ultimately business performance. At Investec we want everyone to find it easy to be themselves, and to feel they belong. It's a responsibility we all share and is integral to our purpose and values as an organisation.
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
We seek someone who has experience writing equity research on any of the following sub sectors:
- Aerospace & Defence
- Alternative Energy
To provide Research coverage on a set of stocks as agreed with the Head of Team and Head of Research, including appropriate investment recommendations and valuation, assessed after a proper consideration of risk.
• To undertake in-depth and distinctive industry and company research, including an analysis of financial statements and corporate reports.
• To work collaboratively within the relevant Listed Client Group sector team, adding value through own specialist sector and company knowledge.
• Participate in company visits / meetings to achieve an understanding of that company's strengths and weaknesses, and as an ambassador for Investec.
• Contribute to marketing of sector and stock research ideas with institutional clients, including 1x1 meetings in person and remotely, appropriately seeking recognition through votes where relevant.
• To contribute to the broader marketing effort of the Research department through conferences/mini-conferences, and other marketing ventures.
• Contribute positively to the full Listed Client Group business.
• To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory).
• Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory).
• Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Managers and Supervisors).
• Financial / valuation / general modelling and IT technical skills.
• Industry / company knowledge.
• Product generation.
• Marketing / broking.
• Interpersonal skills and team collegiality.
We commit to ensure that everyone is fairly assessed during our recruitment process.
Let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to complete your application.