We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Paraplanner in our Exeter office. You will be a staple part of a growing Financial Planning team with technical suitability report writing, client servicing and compliance requirements.
This is an opportunity to join a highly professional, friendly, close knit team, working in a supportive environment, evidenced by the long tenure of our staff. We encourage professional and personal development, supporting further study and professional qualifications.
Day to day responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· To write highly technical client reports and detailed suitability letters, including client reviews, within agreed timescales/ quality standards.
· Liaise with Planner, FP Admin and product providers to prepare documentation and illustrations for meetings and reports.
· To facilitate the smooth processing of new and existing business.
· To provide close effective technical support to the team
· Monitoring the performance and work throughput of local administrators, ensuring standards are maintained and deadlines are met.
· To build and maintain two–way business relationships with Investment Managers and help maintain relationships with existing clients.
· Ensure compliance standards and organisational requirements are met throughout the FP Department at all times and assist with the monitoring of standards.
· Manage clients' expectations and communicate progress to both them and Investment Managers by acting as point of contact for new and existing clients/introducers.
· Maintain a detailed up to date knowledge in all aspects of Financial Planning by keeping CPD records.
Do you have a combination of the following?
· Detailed knowledge of pensions with a strong emphasis on SIPP.
· CII Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent desirable.
· Proven ability to develop and maintain long term, trusted working relationships with Financial Planners and other colleagues at all levels.
· Ability to constructively challenge and drive outcomes.
· Excellent time management and able to manage competing priorities and a demanding workload
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
· Some supervisory experience desirable i.e. workload distribution within a team and developing work flow methods.
Behaviours and Personal Attributes
· Professional manner and strong client focus
· Calm and methodical approach to work
· Willing and able to work on either own initiative or cohesively and selflessly within a team environment.
· Highly analytical and focused on attention to detail