Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank serving clients principally in the UK and South Africa. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who'll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they'll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Embedded in our culture is a sense of belonging and inclusion. This creates an environment in which everyone is free to be themselves which helps to drive innovation, creativity and ultimately business performance. At Investec we want everyone to find it easy to be themselves, and to feel they belong. It's a responsibility we all share and is integral to our purpose and values as an organisation.
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
Description of role and key responsibilities:
As a Loan Originations Specialist in the PCLO team you could be focussed in either the Pre Offer or Completions Team and dealing with a variety of lending such as mortgages, unsecured loans and other specialist loans.You will be expected to deliver a high quality of service to our clients, whilst building great relationships with our panel firms and internal stakeholders.
• Managing a pipeline of cases pro-actively and efficiently to ensure cases are moving from application to completion in a timely manner
• Liaising with internal teams (banking and credit) to resolve any issues that arise throughout the origination process.
• Working with external firms such as valuers and solicitors to ensure the relevant due diligence has been completed prior to pay away.
• Ensuring all regulatory and internal requirements have been met prior to loan completion.
• Participating in adhoc projects and small change initiatives where relevant
• Support the wider Lending Operations team in busy periods, being flexible within your role and daily tasks
Core Skills and Knowledge:
• Do you have excellent knowledge of operational processes involved in mortgage and property lending?
• Do you have a sound knowledge of credit, regulatory and legal requirements for mortgages and CCA lending?
• Do you have the ability to balance client experience against business and operational risk?
• Ability to manage multiple deals and tasks in tandem.
• CeMap qualification and knowledge of the FCA MCOB & CCA handbook would be advantageous.
Personal Attributes• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders and manage expectations.
• Good organisation and strong attention to detail.
• Energetic and enthusiastic, a self-starter who is keen to work hard and help develop the business.
• Passionate about providing extraordinary service to our clients.
• Analytical mind set- ability to problem solve and take ownership of creating positive outcomes.
• Love working as part of a wider team and interacting with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
We commit to ensure that everyone is fairly assessed during our recruitment process.
Let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to complete your application.