Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank serving clients principally in the UK and South Africa. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who'll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they'll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Embedded in our culture is a sense of belonging and inclusion. This creates an environment in which everyone is free to be themselves which helps to drive innovation, creativity and ultimately business performance. At Investec we want everyone to find it easy to be themselves, and to feel they belong. It's a responsibility we all share and is integral to our purpose and values as an organisation.
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
Description of role and key responsibilities
The role involves assisting the Private Client & Real Estate distribution team(s), acting as a conduit between front line distribution (Bankers & Business Developers) and the support functions including other functions within Group Lending Operations, Banking Operations, On-boarding, Marketing, Compliance and other key business stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Maintaining client and product data.
• Managing potential leads from Business Developers into the Banking team.
• Supporting Bankers with the operational aspects of certain processes such as submission of deals to credit on lending transactions and data capture into client relationship systems.
• Responding to client enquiries such as updates on applications, requests for statements & requests to service their accounts.
• Participation in projects and small change where relevant.
Core Skills and Knowledge
• Do you have experience in a client facing environment, preferably in Banking?
• Do you have proven ability of problem solving, including the ability to proactively resolve client queries and complaints?
• Conscientiousness and attention to detail is essential
• Are you able to balance client experience against business and operational risk?
• Ability to manage multiple deals and tasks in tandem
Personal Attributes• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders and manage expectations.
• Good organisation and strong attention to detail.
• Energetic and enthusiastic, a self-starter who is keen to work hard and help develop the business.
• Passionate about providing extraordinary service to our clients.
• Analytical mind set- ability to problem solve and take ownership of creating positive outcomes.
• Love working as part of a wider team and interacting with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
Any other attributes that would be helpful, but not essential for the role.
We commit to ensure that everyone is fairly assessed during our recruitment process.
Let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to complete your application.