Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank serving clients principally in the UK and South Africa. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who'll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they'll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
The requirements of this role is to assist with the administration of the day to day operational processing of all UK and International settlement for Corporate Actions & Dividends for the Equity Trading transactions of the Investment Bank. You will be required to assist with the processing and the maintenance of Custody Assets, Transactional Tax reconciliation, payments and reclaims and various daily Stock and Cash reconciliations as required.
What are your Key Responsibilities?
• Corporate Actions Processing across all accounts. Includes reclaims and systemic reflection and reconciliation of Dividends, and Stock Events in Crest, Euroclear and overseas depots.
• Help reconcile daily cash balances for all depositories and custodians.
• Help maintain all static data maintenance especially corporate action related securities using internal and external systems as required
• Corporate action processing and diary management for upcoming events includes daily monitoring of events in Xsprisa, Easyway, Neolink and EDI
• Weekly reconciliation of all Dividend positions in RIMS so all balances are known and recorded for future clearance.
• Preparing Weekly dividend upload of book positions to Fidessa.
• liaise with traders and desk head accordingly on Corporate positions and future election instructions in a timely manner
• Protect Special Cum dividends funds on client trading and withdrawal accordingly to cover regulatory requirements, including client money movements.
• Monitoring all bridges feeding into RIMS for any issues on a day to day basis and clearing/resolving accordingly.
• Assist with compiling all transactions qualifying for withholding tax reclaims, and with UK SDRT and other transactional tax reconciliation, payments and reclaims.
• Provision to cover all other functions of Securities Operations team as required.
• Ensuring sound processes and procedures are diligently followed and are kept in line with changes and developments in Market Practice and Regulations.
• To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
• Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
What are the Core skills and knowledge required?