Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank serving clients principally in the UK and South Africa. Our culture gives us our edge: we work hard to find colleagues who'll think out of the ordinary and we put them in environments where they'll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, this could be the boost your career deserves.
Embedded in our culture is a sense of belonging and inclusion. This creates an environment in which everyone is free to be themselves which helps to drive innovation, creativity and ultimately business performance. At Investec we want everyone to find it easy to be themselves, and to feel they belong. It's a responsibility we all share and is integral to our purpose and values as an organisation.
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
Senior New Business & Risk Reporting Officer
New Business & Risk
Investec Bank (Channel Islands) Limited
Internal (within Organisation)
External (Outside organisation)
· Intermediary Clients
(ii) Mandatory professional qualifications and exams (required for the role)
(ii) Mandatory professional qualifications and exams required under the FCA T&C rules or prescribed by IW&I (please state N/A if no qualifications/exams are required for this role):
An exciting opportunity to join a leading offshore, Guernsey based financial institution that provides private banking and execution only investment products and services (amongst others) to its clients. The successful candidate will join an established new business and risk team that has extensive skills and experience. The role offers the opportunity for a long-term career at the firm with the opportunity for personal growth and development.
Description of role and key responsibilities
· To safeguard the organisation, its reputation, assets, and the interests of stakeholders by identifying and managing potential threats to the achievement of our business objectives in relation to new client take-on and existing client maintenance.
· It is key that the job holder must have a good understanding of the regulatory environment including the regulations, rules and guidance and their implications relevant to the job and to follow all applicable internal compliance considerations and appropriate processes, policies, and procedures.
· New client and new account opening, any subsequent sub account opening, reviewing client applications ensuring thorough completion also of all internal documentation including completion of risk assessments, all checklists, screening and other relevant searches.
· Support both the trigger and periodic review processes undertaking reviews or quality assurance where required. Acting to update information following reviews and proactively identifying errors and omissions which may stimulate the need for updated risk assessments and /or necessary data corrections. Ensuring the review escalation process is followed and reviews are closed off in a timely manner.
· Careful review of all documentation supplied by the client to ensure that it is complete, compliant, and consistent. Liaison with the Intermediaries or RMs as required to identify and obtain any required additional information in respect of any new client account take-on or existing review.
· Carrying out enhanced Customer Due Diligence for high risk and PEP relationships including liaison with the RM where necessary. The initial business take on of high risk and PEP business remains the responsibility of the RM, the role holder positively working in cooperation with the RM in respect of information gathering.
· To assist team manager with the delivery of monthly MI to Business Heads, Compliance, Operational Risk etc for accounts opened, ageing items, outstanding reviews and help cover and manage the team and workflow.
· Ability to both undertake and provide four eyes sign off others work.
· To assist in work in relation to FATCA & CRS to ensure clients are compliant for all new accounts and repapered accounts. Undertake a classification reasonableness check and refer as required.
· Making recommendations to improve the process and documentation and providing SME support to automation projects.
· Assist with training and cross skilling team members.
· Retrospective exercises: support and management of any retrospective CDD exercises to support the needs of the business, including the identification, rectification and logging of errors and omissions whilst following the review process.
· To monitor the prospective client accounts and outstanding tasks to ensure all work is progressing and where no longer required or completed, is closed off in a timely manner.
Core skills and knowledge
· A detailed knowledge of the general tools and techniques of account opening, KYC/CDD processes and all risk review processes.
· In depth knowledge required of client structures to facilitate the collection of Customer Due Diligence and compliance with local regulatory requirements.
· Detailed knowledge of FATCA and CRS requirements.
· Knowledge of our organisation and the environment (e.g. regulatory, physical) in which it operates.
Any other attributes that would be helpful, but not essential for the role.
Candidates must hold a valid Right To Work/Employment Permit for the Island of Guernsey
+44 1481 706461
We commit to ensure that everyone is fairly assessed during our recruitment process.
Let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to complete your application.