Role: Solicitor – Asset Finance
Can be part time 3-4 days a week or Full time
Overview of Asset Finance Group:
AFG provides asset finance across a broad spectrum of asset classes and market sectors to SMEs, corporates, professional practices and individuals; together with loans, invoice finance, motor finance, wholesale funding and insurance premium finance. Deals are typically introduced via a panel of specialist brokers, with some direct to customer and consumer credit regulated business.
What are the key responsibilities?
3. Oversee the negotiation and preparation of contractual documentation with the business and with external lawyers, where instructed.
4. Identify legal risks in consideration of internal credit requirements.
5. Assist in various capacities with the delivery of AFG transactions and projects, special initiatives, new products, issues resolution or business opportunities.
6. Liaise with Compliance to ensure adherence to IBP's regulatory obligations and implementation of new initiatives.
7. Review and oversee external legal providers to AFG to ensure compliance with service level agreements and IBP legal policies, and manage records of external invoices.
8. Ensure the AFG platforms (e.g. contractual templates) have a robust legal risk environment, review new documentation (including third party intermediary contract templates) and maintain accurate records.
9. Arrange for registration of charges with Companies House and maintain records or all such correspondence/documentation
10. Other ad hoc support for AFG as the case may be from time to time.
What core skills and knowledge do we need?
Research shows that some candidates can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don't let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!
**We are open to conversations about flexible working so please ask**
Could your career thrive in this setting? Could you see yourself making an impact? If this is the career opportunity you've been waiting for please apply today or contact us for more information.
As an Out of the Ordinary bank, we have a family-oriented culture and we genuinely care about our people. We work really hard to create a fun, collaborative and learning environment - so expect lots of team activities, as well as plenty of support for training, mentoring and coaching